DAP affected communities want the current DAP system abolished and support our local councils to advocate for the same outcome.
We want a fair and open decision-making process when any property development break the rules of our local town planning schemes.
In particular we want:
- Real community consultation before plans are developed, not tinkering around the edges after the plans have been through planning departments.
- Restrictive use of the discretionary clause from any local planning schemes by the DAP, WAPC, MRA.
- Same right of appeal as applicants to the State Administrative Tribunal.
- SAT Section 31 mediation to be held in public, including public representation to mediate an outcome.
- When an amendment to a scheme is by a property developer, the development application must comply with the amendment, with no concessions granted.
- Well-resourced Solicitor’s Office to defend decisions which the community supports, ie Mcdonalds vs DAP on Reynolds Road.
- A “trades parking management plan” for all developments valued at $2million or more.
If we do not get what we want, watch this space.